Thursday 28 March 2013

Portfolio for Sheridan Illustration (Accepted)

These are the works from the drawing test. There are too many things for the personal creations so I will leave that up to your imagination. My overall score out of this section was 35/40. My overall total score was 70/100. This year's cut-off score was 59. 

These drawings were done quite last minute, two days before the deadline. It's okay to procrastinate a bit since these are NOT supposed to take very long ;D

A figure seated. I drew my friend while she was playing a cellphone game in the cafeteria. Certainly a great way to get a good model since cellphones keep them busy but still! It is unnecessary to add in backgrounds, so just a few quick scribbles will do to improve the atmosphere.

A figure doing an everyday activity. This was my dad putting on his shoe in the middle of the night just for posing. These pictures have to be drawn quickly since poses like this are hard to keep for an extended period of time. Go for 5 minutes! Thanks, dad~

This was a friend standing up for posing, in the cafeteria again. Always make sure your model is resting on something if they are not experienced posers, it will make it easier for them to hold a pose. The wall was added so she didn't look like she was....floating and off-balance.


 Transformation of still life objects. I used the same one in my animation portfolio since it is essentially the same thing and I was running low on time.

My cousin in his room. I blocked in all the rough lines with the pen while he was staring at a movie and finished it afterwards. Good thing is that he is a serious otaku and will not move much.

Our dining room! Since nothing really moves, it's alright to spend more time on this one. I think it took me one or two hours...? Though, try to finish it in one sitting since the daylight and environment outside changes and that can be quite a hassle later.

And that is it! As always, I'm always happy to help ^^

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm thinking of applying for Illustration in Sheridan too. The thing is that I'm really scare since I don't think my portfolio is that good enough to be accepted. :( Can you please take a look at some of my artworks and give me opinion about my works? Thank you so much :) Please give me your email if it's okay for you to take a look at my works. I can send them to you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vivian! I'll be happy to take a look at your work c:
      You can either email me at jinniexy@gmail.com or link me to your art blog/website.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jinnie, I'm trying to get into Sheriden's illustration program as well and I'm a bit nervous about my portfolio. I would really appreciate if you could look at some of the work I'll be putting into the sketchbook/portfolio section to tell me what you think or what types of pieces I should add into it.
    my deviantart is:
    http://nikkisparklepony.deviantart.com/
    if you would be able to send me a note or email me (n_lekach@hotmail.com) I would be so grateful!
    If you would be willing I would love to ask you some questions about the school and your experience there!
    Thank you in advance,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete